Followers

Friday, April 28, 2023

St Louis through Nebraska

 Jeez, what a slog that was. Corn fields punctuated by Harvester dealerships.

I hung on as long as I could trying to get to Wyoming, but I fell short by 100 miles and ended up crashing at a one horse town not far from Scotts Bluff. 



The Motel/Hotel was nice enough but more expensive than anything else on the trip, desperate measures I guess. At least it gave me a good start to get to Sheridan later the next day.

I broke up the trip with a stop at Fort Laramie, one of the most important forts along the Oregon Trail. I didn 't set out to follow that Route, but that is what happened. I can't comprehend how hard that must have been. I had enough trouble in a Subaru, never mind an ox cart or even a hand cart. 









I pushed on through Wyoming until I got to Sheridan, where my next little adventure begins

No comments:

Post a Comment

The last train to Ritzville

 In the excitement to get home, I crossed over into Idaho and kept pushing past Coeur D'Alene into Spokane WA, I was looking for a KOA c...