Followers

Sunday, April 23, 2023

The stormy night departure

I got out of NC this morning around 6 after a stormy night tucked up in the car. It was a good decision to abandon ship, so to speak, and dismantle the trailer in the early hours before the storm really set in about 2AM. I didn't make it too far ( Crossville TN!) and camped in the local KOA to regroup and sort out the clothes and kit etc that got stuffed in the car KOA is not that exciting, but they are always clean, have great showers and laundry facilities which is just what I needed. A little walk too, with nice farm and country views. I made some egg fried rice for an early supper and have settled down to read. 





The rain has started again but no lightning .... yet! 

And some sleet too  Yikes !

It was a cold night with ice on the trailer, but I kept warm with hand warmers in my pockets and a toasty sleeping bag AND a duvet cover🤪. I made breakfast, lots of coffee and packed up before 9. It gets easier all the time.








No comments:

Post a Comment

The last train to Ritzville

 In the excitement to get home, I crossed over into Idaho and kept pushing past Coeur D'Alene into Spokane WA, I was looking for a KOA c...